The Everest Base Camp trek is probably one of the most famous in the world, and one that every keen trekker should consider doing at some point in their lives. It is without doubt one of the more challenging treks to take on, but the sheer thrill and sense of achievement you experience as you arrive at the Base Camp is hard to equal.
Your journey to the Everest Base Camp (EBC) begins in Kathmandu, Nepal’s vibrant capital and takes you via twin engined plane to Lukla, the gateway to the Khumbu region. From here you will continue on your EBC trek into the heart of the Nepali Himalaya, taking in some spectacular scenery along the way. The main highlight on your journey to Everest Base Camp will be the majestic snow-capped peaks that line the steep sided valleys, and the jaw-dropping views that await you at almost every turn. Few sites can compare to the Himalaya from this vantage point.
Why do it?
- All our Open Challenge groups have less than 20 participants (typical team size is 8-15). This provides an intimate and memorable experience for our teams
- We’re an ethical tour operator, with all our challenges locally-led so you can immerse yourself in the culture and so we can provide employment opportunities for local people
- All accommodation is in comfortable tea-houses throughout the challenge
- Each team has a full expedition team of Porters and Sherpa’s
- All domestic and international air fares are included
- Optional Kathmandu Heritage Sightseeing Tour in challenge itinerary