Before You Go

ATOL and Your Financial Protection

All the flights and flight-inclusive Trips on this are financially protected by the ATOL scheme. Please see our booking conditions for further information or for more information about financial protection.

Health Advice

Travelling abroad can expose you to risks which you are not familiar with from home. Not sure what vaccinations you need? Please contact your GP or travel vaccination clinic for further advice. We also recommend visiting; a website provided by the NHS that gives travel health information for people travelling abroad from the UK.


You must ensure that you have organised all of the travel documents you need prior to departure. This includes a passport valid for the required period, vaccination certificates, your insurance policy and the applicable tourist visas for your destination. Check out the Fact File section for your chosen trip for more details on the passport/visa requirements and application procedures. Failure to have your travel documents in order may result in you being denied boarding and entry into your chosen country. Also, please make sure that you allow yourself plenty of time to apply for any applicable visas.

Foreign & Commonwealth Office Advice

When travelling abroad, you will want your trip to go smoothly. Although most overseas trips do go without a hitch, British travellers still can and do run into trouble whilst they are away. The good news is that many of the most common problems which can occur can be prevented or made less stressful by taking a few simple precautions. So it makes sense to spend a little time getting prepared before you travel – you could save yourself a lot of worry later on.

With this in mind, we are working with the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) to help British nationals stay safe abroad. The FCO website offers straightforward travel advice, top tips and up to date country information to help you plan your holiday.

Country by country advice

You can also find travel advice for specific countries on the FCO Travel Advice by Country. This includes areas of the country that may be risky to visit, the likelihood of terrorist activities and any health issues that you should watch out for. The information is updated regularly so by selecting the countries you plan to travel to, you can make sure you are properly informed.

Don’t go to…

Sometimes there is such a high level of risk in a certain country or part of a country that the FCO recommends that you simply don’t travel there. You can find a list of these countries and areas on the FCO Travel Advice by Country.

Introducing your local British ConsulateYou will probably be aware that British Consulate offices exist in foreign countries and that they can assist British nationals whilst they are in the country.But do you know what they can actually do to help if you get into difficulty – and what they can’t do? uk_flag

Your local British Consulate can: issue a replacement passport for you if yours gets lost or is stolen, help if you are a victim of crime, make special arrangements if there is a terrorist attack or a natural disaster. However they are not able to: get you out of prison, pay fines for you, put up bail for you or help you enter a country if you don’t have the correct visa.

Check your checklists!

To make sure you’ve done everything you can to make your travels a safe experience, why not take a look at the FCO’s range of online checklists? You can find checklists for: what to do before you set offspecial precautions for groups, including women, gay and lesbian travellers, gap year students and sports supporters.

Charity Trekking Challenges

Go >

Charity Cycling Challenges

Go >

Open Challenges




Post Challenge Extensions


Really Wild Challenges

The Citadel, 40 Commercial Street, Edinburgh, EH6 6JD Tel: 0131 553 1743

The Really Wild Travel Company

Registered in England & Wales.
Company no. 6709179. ATOL Bonded No. 10210.
Registered address: 27 Old Gloucester Street, London, WC1N 3AX